12 November, 2010

10 lbs in 6 Weeks...Are You In??

I'm dedicated to being healthy but I'm far from perfect.  In fact, I recently gained 8lbs.  That's right, in the midst of my "healthiest year ever" I gained 8 freakn' pounds!  

Now, there are a few excuses I can throw your way.  Such as, "I fell madly in love".  

Yes, the "Boyfriend" excuse.  An oldie but a goodie.  Unfortunately, it's true.  Boys tend to eat whatever they want and rarely care about a a little weight gain.

It's far too easy to get caught up in the euphoria of a new relationship.  Plus, I didn't want to seem like a complete food nightmare.  I'm already,  "No meat, no dairy, no gluten, no soy for me please".  So instead, I found myself ordering french fries, downing cocktails, and requesting a fro-yo stop every night.  

Soon, I was stretching my cheat day into cheat weekends.  Those weekends quickly spilled into entire weeks.  And now I'm certain that all of October must be considered a "cheat".  

My second attempt to rationalize this eight pound weight gain...."I started taking birth control".

Another valid excuse, birth control is notorious for causing slight weight gain.  I don't care what anyone says, birth control has always been a guaranteed five pounder.  Five pounds, right in the thighs, ass, and breasts.  Not a complete waste of fat however, unwanted non the less.  

Since I refuse to fall out of love with the man of dreams and therefore, will not stop taking birth control I have to lose these 10lbs (notice I'm giving myself a two pound cushion for the holidays) the old fashioned way!  Decrease calories in and increase calories out. 

Six weeks and 35,000 calories to go...... 

Bonne Chance SkinnyFoodies & Enjoy the Day,
H.May

1 comment:

  1. You gained the weight bc youre in love. It happens to the best of us. ;)

    ReplyDelete